Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Weight Loss Goal Achieved!

Since the end of March/ beginning of April I have been on a bit of a kick to loose weight and just improve the general health of my family.

When I was working we ate a LOT of fast food. I was working 10+ hour days, so was Pat PLUS he had an hour and half commute so we just didn't have time to cook, or think about what we were putting in our bodies. It wasn't uncommon to eat fast food twice in a day. When I quit my job in February there was no longer the money, or the need, to eat out. A friend of mine showed me an app on my phone "My Fitness Pal" which allowed me to track my eating and activity. I was SHOCKED by how many calories I had been putting in my body a day. Based on my weight and height I should only be consuming 1200 calories a day. An average McDonald's meal (with fries and a coke) can easily hit 800+ calories, eat two of those a day, plus snacks, and you are putting way too much food in your mouth, not even considering the quality of the food.

So, for the past three months I have been cooking dinner nearly every night and working out daily. My family now eats things like "Quinoa" and "Bulgar" and vegetables. We still do eat fast food once a week (Taco Time on Fridays), so we aren't perfect, but getting better!

Anyways the point of this post is that as of today I have officially lost 10lbs! And now weigh less then I did when I got pregnant with James. :)

2 comments:

  1. nice job! I hope you can FEEL the difference now too :) Your body says thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your post and got some valuable tips from your article.Thank you for your post.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete